“Ben Adaephon Delat,” Pearl said plaintively, “see the last who comes. You send me to my death.”
“I know,” Quick Ben whispered.
“Flee, then. I will hold them enough to ensure your escape, no more.”
Quick Ben sank down past the roof.
Before he passed from sight Pearl spoke again. “Ben Adaephon Delat, do you pity me?”
“Yes” he replied softly, then pivoted and dropped down into darkness.”
Gardens of the Moon
- The Book of the Fallen
- Nightfall in Middle Earth
- Knight of Dros Delnoch
- Where Did All My Spoons Go?
- Dramatis Personae
- The White Feather in the Tar
the first step towards confidence is not being afraid to be ugly
once you get over the fear of being unattractive and stop equating beauty with other good things in life (friends, love, happiness) it’s a lot easier to love yourself unconditionally
your job is not to sit around and be pretty and easy on everyone else’s eyes
your job is to do whatever the fuck you want and look however the fuck you want while doing it
This is true. Great realization of my 20’s right here.
jimtheviking asked: Hey! After you receive this, you must post five random facts about yourself and send it to your ten favourite followers. :D
(I just accidentally answered this privately so I will try and repeat from memory!)
1. I am 5’3”, one inch too tall to be a hobbit (according to the height limits used for scale doubles in the latest films).
2. I am a massive Il Divo fan and I will be seeing them for the third time in October next year. Stick in that in your “tr00” metal pipe and smoke it!
3. My cat is sitting between me and the keyboard. Typing is awkward, and she’s trying to chase her tail at the same time.
4. I was one of the first two people in the history of my primary school to sit the higher level SATS paper at 11 (Level 6) and pass. The other person was a friend from my class. We got chocolate from our teacher!
5. I have recently discovered I have a half-decent singing voice (I was previously unaware) and I’ve been having lots of fun practicing, mostly to Disney film songs, Kamelot, Serenity and Trans-Siberian Orchestra.
Tried on a yellow-gold dress in a shop today and the little girl next door in the changing room thought I was Belle.
Having a behind-her-back silent “how much do I humour your child?” conversation with the mother was most entertaining,
I’m watching the 1998 film production of Cats. Above is John Partridge as The Rum Tum Tugger and I’ve been wondering who he’s emulating/taking off.
I just got to Mr Mistoffelees and it’s twigged. It’s David Bowie’s Goblin King from Labyrinth. It’s the “I’m ridiculously sexy, a little bit camp and my trousers are too tight” thing.
Why does Fibro only tell me “today is not a workout day” once I’m halfway through the workout and then five seconds later feel tremendously weak and ill?
Tell me before, we’ll both be much happier.
ancient proverb (via makingfunofthestarks)
Fangirling about The Day of the Doctor led to an interesting discussion, which prompted this blog post containing fangirling about The Day of the Doctor. A pleasant piece of cyclical timey wimey nonsense.